I happily present my research and ideas to both academic and public audiences, and welcome requests to visit academic, secular, and religious communities. I also consult in the videogame industry.
Subjects that I have spoken/consulted on include:
- religion & artificial intelligence
- religion & videogames/virtual worlds, especially World of Warcraft and Second Life
- religion & technology in contemporary India
- religion, science, & technology in general (for example, ethical debates about biotech or the controversy over evolution and Creationism)
Among my recent events, some notables include:
- Northwestern University Faculty Roundtable, “AI, Religion, & Humanity: How Might (or Should) We Shape the Future,” January 19, 2022. Watch the event here.
- New York University Institute for Public Knowledge, “Co-Opting AI: Religion,” October 26, 2021. Watch the event here.
- “Recoding Religion: Theological Renderings of Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Society” given as keynote address for @Unfathomable: AI as Founder of Order conference hosted by Fraunhofer FOKUS Berlin; Berlin, Germany, (October 18 2018). Watch the lecture here.
- “Bearers of the Apocalypse: Horses, Robots, and the Digital Future of India” as keynote lecture for the AI and Apocalypse Symposium hosted by the Centre for the Critical Study of Apocalyptic and Millenarian Movements; Bedford, UK (April 2018). Watch the lecture here.
- “The Enhancement Game: Transcendent Play in Digital Worlds” at the world famous Chautauqua Institution (August 2016).
- “The Iron Horsemen of the Apocalypse: A Futurist Blend of Religion, Technology, and the End of the World” given as the Kathryn Fraser Mackay Memorial Lecture at St. Lawrence University (April 2016)